Thursday, March 5, 2009

safety first

As my home heater was blasting the other day, I suddenly had a thought about carbon monoxide.  Carbon monoxide, a product of incomplete combustion, is a colorless and odorless gas that can be quite dangerous.  Wikipedia says that it is the most common type of fatal poisoning in some countries.  With detectors abount $25 each, carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable.  Although this post would have been more useful at the START of the winter season (closed up homes + natural gas heating  can equal trouble), it is never too late to get a monitor for your home.  I got mine at Ace Hardware.   

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails